As Elite Diamond Contractors, we undergo specialized training from Mitsubishi Electric to assess and install the most suitable HVAC system for your space. We're also able to provide exclusive warranties and help you take full advantage of rebates and incentives available to you!
Bringing Cape Cod Homes Greener Savings with Maximum Comfort & Fewer Repairs
A Message from Owner Lincoln Stubbs
Our Industry Has a Problem. The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) report card is troubling. The heating and cooling systems installed in most U.S. homes woefully under-perform due to improper installation and neglected or poorly performed maintenance. Few homeowners are happy with comfort levels in their homes. And they certainly are not pleased with growing fuel and utility bills.
The More I Have Learned about Air Balancing and about Building Performance,
The More Convinced I Am That There Is a Better Way To Actually Give
Our Customers the Heating & Cooling for Which They Are Paying.
The more I listened to the same complaints, the more I realized what an opportunity lay in once-and-for-all correcting the problems our industry has created. My conviction in the soundness of this vision has been confirmed. Balanced HVAC is far from the biggest heating and cooling company on Cape Cod, but I have been delighted with the steady growth of our list of loyal customers & with the referrals they've made to family, friends and neighbors.
I am proud of the team I have built. I am proud of the comfort and energy-saving solutions we've delivered. And both Ruth and I are proud of the contributions Balanced HVAC has made to a cleaner and healthier planet for our four children.
Proudly Serving Our Community for Over 20 YearsWe make it easy for you to have confidence in the team you call.
Ask About Our WarrantyGet peace of mind with our warranty-backed services.
Same-Day Help AvailableWe're here to help you whenever you need us.
100% Free ConsultationsTalk to our HVAC team today to schedule yours.
THE PROBLEMS START WITH YOUR HOME'S FIRST HEATING/COOLING INSTALLATION
To be fair, you can't really blame the installer. Older homes when they were new were pretty drafty. Insulation was minimal; doors & windows were leaky and inefficient. Systems were routinely over-sized and designed to pump as much heat or cooling as possible into the space to make up for all that loss. This was especially true on the Cape where many homes were originally built for summer use.
With today's energy-efficient tight construction and with energy-saving improvements to older homes., correct sizing and ductwork design are far more critical to comfort and energy-efficiency.
Although homes built in recent decades are much tighter, their heating/cooling systems are most often incorrectly sized (usually over-sized), their duct work leaky and neither matched to the load nor designed to distribute conditioned air evenly throughout the home.
In order to win the bid, the typical HVAC contractor must install baseline equipment with the quickest possible installation. Builders want you in and out at the lowest possible price. To get the best price from his supplier, a contractor will typically bid a single package whether or not it is really appropriate to the lay-out and location of each home in a development. He'll install ductwork (most often uninsulated) without ever performing the measurements and calculations necessary to assure the balanced airflow required to efficiently heat and cool EVERY room.
High Efficiency Does Not Always Equal High Performance
Even if your home's first system has been replaced with higher efficiency, your newer units are likely still seriously under-performing. If your home's ductwork was never designed properly in the first place, no piece of equipment will perform anywhere near to its marketed standard. And over time, age and house settlement will cause duct leaks. The sad fact is that most contractors merely "swap one box for another." Rather than take the time to measure, to test and to calculate for the right size, rather than repair and redesign ductwork matched to demand, they merely look at the serial number and replace the unit with one of similar size .
Whether It Is Maintenance, Repair or Installation, The Issues CRITICAL to TRUE HOME COMFORT and ENERGY-EFFICIENCY Are Routinely Being IGNORED
The simple fact is that only a tiny percentage of HVAC contractors have the necessary diagnostic skills or instruments to determine if the ductwork design and condition is adequate for the load. Even fewer are educated with an understanding of the relationship of HVAC systems to overall building performance.
Most HVAC contractors confine their attention only to the equipment to be repaired or replaced. So convinced are they that all that matters to homeowners is a low price, few HVAC business owners choose to make the investment in time and money to get the job done right.
At Balanced HVAC, we do whatever it takes to get the job done right the first time!
The team that showed up to install our heat pumps was top-notch. From the moment of arrival to the time the system was set up, the installation and education were excellent. Thank you for the job you all did seamlessly.- Enrique R.
Used website to make an appointment, and was called back within 24 hours. Jeremy showed up on-time, and determined the issue along with recommendations / estimated costs to take care of the issues.- Warren F.
Fast, efficient service! Polite and friendly! You won’t find a better more honest HVAC company on the cape!- Clifford H.
Stellar service, friendly, courteous, respectful, we put our home in good hands, thank you Balance.- Poncho T.
We are so glad to have this company handle our HVAC needs and wouldn’t look elsewhere.- Sabine R.
Balanced HVAC was excellent they arrived on time, were very polite, and cleaned the house better than I expected. Lincoln explained the entire process and always asked if I had any questions.- Paul M.
They were great! An extremely efficient and professional team came in and installed heat pumps. They explained pros and cons of placement and were very accommodating. I definitely made the right choice going with Balanced HVAC!- Janine L.
Jeremy is great. Fast, professional, punctual, skilled. Have used him twice now over the past couple of years (on two different HVAC systems).- Samuel H.
No Half Measures
"Why Don't Other Contractors Tell Me This Stuff?" It's Simple . . . They May Not Be Doing What We Do.
In many cases, other contractors simply don't do what we do. They haven't invested in the necessary equipment and training. We not only do them, but we tell you about them in both our proposals and in our post-job audits. Why? Because they're important!
Here are just some examples:
- We Use a Micron Gauge to test refrigerant line pressure. Without this precision instrument, there is absolutely no way to insure that all moisture has been removed from refrigerant lines and that there isn't a leak in the system. But fewer than half of technicians use them.
- We Braze Refrigerant Lines with silver-bearing alloys using an air-acetylene torch. Soldering at lower temperatures is just not adequate for lines under pressure. But some technicians do it to save time and money.
- We Fabricate Sheet Metal in our own shop. Our licensed master craftsmen fabricate ductwork fittings specific to your job. Most companies have neither the licenses, the training nor the equipment to fabricate ductwork. Rather they try to make due by cobbling together standard parts from a supply house which has a negative impact on the balanced airflow critical to comfort and energy-efficiency, contract out to a sheet metal fabricator which can introduce delays into your installation, or use duct board which we believe is a not only a cheap alternative to metal but one that over time will have a negative impact on indoor air quality.
- We Perform a Static Pressure Test with every heating/cooling service. This is the only sure way to detect either blockage or inadequate ductwork to handle the airflow.
- We Provide Heat Loss/Gain Calculations on every project we perform. Rule of thumb: Square footage sizing does not work and never has. Every house has different factors that need to be taken into account when sizing equipment. Equipment which has been over or under sized has detrimental effects on your comfort, utility bills and the equipment itself. All of our systems are properly sized using the latest software that takes into account the newest infiltration loads which no other program offers. A very high percentage of installations are oversized because accurate calculations were not performed, costing you money. Demand that these calculations be provided on any heating or cooling project.
- Chemical Cleaning of the Heat Exchanger, Evaporator and Condenser Coils with maintenance service. Some technicians just wipe down with a rag. Others don't even bother. But just 0.01 inch of dirt on an evaporator coil can reduce its efficiency by 5%.